Eaton ServiceRanger 4
Service Ranger 4 Features:
- Viewing active and inactive fault codes to quickly identify issues and link directly to troubleshooting procedures;
- Creating and reviewing service activity reports automatically to improve communication between the technician and customers;
- Running specialized tests to quickly identify hard-to-determine issues;
- Viewing and editing configuration parameters to keep vehicles optimized for changing needs and preferences;
- Updating product software to improve performance and enable new features;
- Viewing all service information on Eaton products to quickly remove and install components;
- Automatic updates that provide information on the latest Eaton products, service information and software updates.
For more information on Eaton Service Ranger features, take a look at the chart below:
To successfully install and operate ServiceRanger 4 your computer must meet the following system requirements:
- Operating System (32 and 64-bit versions):
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Processor: 2.0 GHz or greater, dual core or greater
- RAM Memory: 2 GB or greater
- Hard Drive: 10 GB available space
- Display: SVGA (1024 x 768 pixels) Color
- Required Software: Microsoft .Net Framework version 4.5 or greater
- Internet: An Internet connection is required for program updates
Note: Apple Mac and Unix/Linux Operating Systems are not compatible with ServiceRanger 4
What Adapters Are Compatible With Service Ranger 4?
ServiceRanger 4 requires the use of a vehicle link adapter that is RP1210B compliant and has device drivers that are compatible with the computer’s operating system and external communication ports. Contact your adapter manufacturer for information on driver installation and operating system compatibility.
Check the current list of compatible vehicle link adapters and driver version requirements.
Is An Internet Connection Required to Use Service Ranger?
No, since an Internet connection is not always available at the vehicle, the Service Ranger 4 software installation includes all product service procedures. When an Internet connection is available the Service Ranger 4 update manager ensures that the information is kept up-to-date.
Is There a Service Reporting Feature to Capture and Store
Vehicle Service Activity?
Yes, an enhanced service activity reporting feature is available. ServiceRanger 4 captures both vehicle and transmission system information such as: fault codes, product software versions, configuration settings, and snapshot data. As repairs or software changes are made ServiceRanger 4 automatically updates the report and stores it on the computer for future reference. Report information is also shared with the Eaton to enhance various service support activities.
Can a License Be Transferred to Another Computer?
Yes, in instances where you may be upgrading your computer or the computer becomes damaged Service Ranger 4 can be activated on another computer by uninstalling it from the old computer (if possible), installing it on the new computer.
Diesel Diagnostic Equipment was founded in 1999 on the principal of providing quality diagnostic equipment to the professional medium & heavy-duty truck technicians.