Our team at Diesel Diagnostic Equipment brings you the latest look at Bendix’s new tool: Bendix ACom Pro.
It was recently announced that the Bendix popular ACom software will be undergoing some major changes in 2020. First and foremost, the biggest and most noticeable change is Bendix ACom will become Bendix ACom Pro later this month (January).
With the transition to Bendix ACom Pro it will now become a fee based software rather than free. The software will now be in an annual subscription form. With Bendix adopting the new subscription model, the software updates will be made available periodically for Bendix ACom Pro.
Support for earlier generations of the ACom— including versions 6.17 and 6.18, versions you may be using today — will eventually be discontinued in 2020 after a published transition period. It’s important to note, according to Bendix: You don’t need to take any action at this time. The transition schedule is still being finalized and more details regarding specific dates are to be released shortly.
The new ACom PRO tool offers significant improvements to help you save time and increase your team’s overall productivity over the ACom tool you are using today. In fact, field testing shows that when using our new ACom PRO platform, technician time to complete diagnostics on Bendix products can be reduced by up to 20 minutes or more per use over the same task using ACom version 6.18 or other earlier generations.
Here are just a few of the new features that are a part of ACom PRO … features not previously available in any prior ACom version(s):
- automatic component roll-call that identifies what Bendix components are on the vehicle so there is no more guess-work;
- a fast, reliable connection;
- a consolidated ACom Diagnostic Troubleshooting Code (DTC) report, now generated in under one minute, with all ECUs detailed on a single document;
- advanced online troubleshooting through the Noregon® NextStep™ feature;
- streamlined, bi-directional testing for easier use; and
- many more additional features and functions to help further enhance your shop’s operation.
Once again, please note that there is no action required by you at this time. For more information about this program and many more, visit us at Diesel Diagnostic Equipment!